July 6, 2012

Glitter

I've been playing with glitter lately. I bought a little sampler pack a few months ago and finally got around to experimenting.

I first tried it on the tops of some salsa jars I've been saving. They're a great size for random little craft supplies and oversize buttons. The glitter adds just enough color and sparkle to liven up my craft room. The silver photographed the best but I also did some with orange and dark pink glitter. You can see the pink ones in the picture below.

Next I painted a small canvas a pale silvery aqua then added some big blue chevron stripes. The chunkier glitter is some I found in a box of paint we borrowed from my mother-in-law. I've been wanting to play with the chevron pattern lately so this was a fun little way to play with that.

This cute birdy has been a work in progress for a while. I bought a plain ceramic bird at Michael's a while back but couldn't decide what to do with it. It was yellow for a while but I didn't like it. I made too much of the silvery aqua paint for the chevron canvas so I painted it over the yellow. Loved it! I found some deep teal/purple glitter in the sample pack and added it to just the wings and tail. The colors actually match a screen printed bird in our room that I love.

I plan to glitterize lots more :)

Chevron canvas with all my thread
My little sewing corner
Today I've been working on cleaning up the rest of the craft room. My fabric stash is out of control so that's going to take a while. I did, however manage to beautify my ribbon collection. Picture later perhaps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment