Hmmm, what's been going on this past year? Nothing too exciting really. I'll just list it all out since life has been pretty slow and is basically the same as last year.
- August 2014: David and I moved in with my parents when our apartment lease was up to help save all the money for a house. We have roughly 216 sq. ft. to ourselves.
- October 2014: I had a baby. A daughter. Marley Diane. She showed up on the 15th and basically nothing changed, I don't know why everyone says life is never the same...weirdos.
- December 2014: Went back to work after 6 weeks and basically hated it. Loved my job, hated being there. It was weird, confusing, frustrating, and a total downer for me.
- Christmas break. Woo!
- January 2015: Went back to work and gave my notice. Lots of mixed emotions.
- February 2015: Began life as a stay at home mom, while living with my mom...who also stays home because she's retired. Lots of momming around this place.
- April 2015: Road-tripped to Florida to introduce the Bordens to our spawn and go to DisneyWorld with just David. So much fun. So much.
- June 2015: David's company did a major downsizing and he was one of the lucky ones to get the boot. We're actually pretty excited to figure out what we're gonna do next.
Like I said, no big life changes. ;)
I was thinking earlier that now would be the perfect time to really kick this blog off into a cool new direction. Some potential candidates for new themes?
- Small Space Living: the adventures of Chuy & Marley
- Hipster Parenting: how to mom in Austin. TX and retain hipster cred
- Woes of a Worship leader's Wife (what does that even mean?)
- Just Keep Knitting: crafting with tiny fingers all up in my business
Those are just a few thoughts. Then I remembered I'm Miranda and I am terrible at this whole intentional blogging thing and don't actually know enough about being a hipster or lamenting about the ever present woes of being married to the clergy. What I am good at is sporadic, snarky posts full of Instagram pictures and maybe a few deep thoughts about the life I lead.
For now, enjoy a picture of my ridiculous family that I absolutely love doing life with. (Doing life with? Ugh. How 2010.)