September 24, 2012

Owlies!


A friend of mine commissioned an owl mobile for a new little girl coming into the world. She knew the nursery theme was owls and the colors were pinks and purples. From there I had creative control so I made this cute mobile. I picked some pinks, a purple and a great berry/magenta color to pull the two together. I had some matching pom-poms from my sailboat mobile that added just the right amount of character. To break up some of the color I added some green leaves and used brown yarn and embossed felt for the construction. I love the subtle tree feel it gives.

What's great about how I constructed this is when the little girl grows older they can just untie a knot and slip the little owls off for play!


The beginning of an owl
So much pink cuteness
Mobile supplies
The full mobile
Gnomes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment