November 5, 2008

It feels good to only have a 3 day week of school. Both my professors are at conferences tomorrow so no class for me! What shall I do with all that free time?

sleep in. start the diaper bag. knit. awesome.

I just cast on a hat for my MeMaw. They're going to shave part of her head for the surgery so I told her I'd make her a hat. It needed to be super soft, a subtle pretty color, and not too snug fitting. I also wanted some sort of decorative edge and the ability to loosen or tighten it with a ribbon or i-cord. I searched ravelry for a few hours, showing options to my mom and we finally settled on one that seems perfect so far!

It's the Chapeau Marnier from knitty summer 2007. I'm knitting it in Bernat stin sport in Clear Sky. It's a bit bigger than the recommended yarn and i'm using size 4s instead of 2s. I'm hoping this will make it a bit looser for her.

Well off to knit. Hope to have some progress shots tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment