November 3, 2011

day 2: my praise team

Wednesdays are crazy for me so those posts might come on Thursday mornings :)

2 year old picture of us singing

Today I'm thankful for my church's praise team.  I've been blessed to be a part of the team for three years now and I love it!  It started out with a band and me singing along with our interim music minister.  Soon this new couple I didn't know was added, the Willinghams.  Since then they have become one of my favorite couples at the church.  David and I find it rare to find couples as goofy and laid back as we are, and the Wills fit the bill! (ha!..sorry, it's early, my mind is still in sleep mode so excuse my silliness)

The praise team is also something I get to share with David and my dad.  Both play guitar, so it's fun to play with them, especially since both have influenced me musically throughout my life.

The best part is I get to worship on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings with this small group.  Sure we have silly moments when my mic is twice as loud as the entire group, or when David Willingham (2 David W's...so confusing sometimes) just throws Lydia's shoe, but at the heart of these times together we are preparing to lead our church family in a time of praising, thanking, and loving our Lord.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment