November 1, 2011

a month of thanks: day 1

I decided in an effort to post more and to thank God more I would do a daily blog post about something I'm thankful for.  This shouldn't be too hard considering I have so much in my life to be thankful for.  Seriously, I love my life and all those in it.  On that note...here is day 1.

my little penguin santa

To kick off this month on thankfulness I will start with one of the biggest blessings God has sent me.  My husband, David.  We have been friends for over 6 years, together nearly as long and married for 8 months.  He sings goofy songs about everything, makes me laugh, loves my knitting, and is my best friend in the world.  He understands my weird mind and appreciates my sometimes inappropriate humor.....ok, a bit more than sometimes.  I found someone I can make music with and who is as big a believer in DIY as I am.  David tolerates my ridiculous love of Christmas decorations and teenage girl movies.  He even bought us our first Christmas tree 3 weeks before Halloween!  We've been through so much together and I'm so excited to see what adventures we will trek through together in the coming months, years, and decades.  Most importantly he loves Jesus more than he loves me.  I think that is awesome and I love having such a strong leader in our household when it comes to our faith.

David, I love you and am so thankful for everything you are to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment