November 20, 2011

day 20: netflix



Today I am thankful for netflix.  Now, I know a lot of people don't like them so much anymore but I think the concept of instant streaming is fantastic. 

David and I are very much homebodies.  We really enjoy staying home and hanging out on the couch together.  Having something we like to watch whenever we want is so nice!  I'm not big on planning my schedule around a tv show, and I don't want to allow tv to have that kind of control over my life ever.  Netflix totally lets us stay out as long as we want and just watch whatever tv show we've become addicted to whenever we have time or feel like being lazy.

We discovered Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica because of this.  I also get to watch cheesey movies I would never actually buy on here.  David watched all the old X-men cartoons from his childhood one week.  Lately they've been making more and more documentaries available so we can even get educated a bit, who'd have thunk!

I'm thankful that we have something to watch together when David gets tired of the movies I own and there's nothing on KLRU (we don't have cable). 

No comments:

Post a Comment